Removing the dried urine stains from the mattress! It is not a big deal to remove the dried urine stains from the mattress. Whether it is your child or pet urine, it is very simple to remove the stains and odor. Just follow simple below simple tips to remove the dried urine stains from the mattress. This might be disgusting to discuss but it is very essential for the parents who are having small kids and for the pet owners who have non-trained pets. Dealing with urine stains and odor doesn’t need any expensive shop bought chemicals, you just need simple household things. Follow the simple and easy steps to remove the urine stains from the mattress.
Things you Need to Remove the Dried Urine Stains from The Mattress:
- A roll of paper towel
- White vinegar
- Spray bottle
- Baking soda
Urine and Odor Removing Process
- If you find the urinated spot at the very beginning it is a bit easier to clean but if the urine is dried and you are feeling awkward smell then you must put little effort to find out the stains. Use spotlight to find the urine stains on the mattress. Once you find the urine stains start with the below procedure.
- Soak the dried urine stains on the mattress with the vinegar. Pour vinegar in the spray bottle and gentle spray vinegar on the stains. Avoid pouring vinegar directly on the stains because pouring the solution will over saturate the mattress. Allow the vinegar to sit on the mattress at least for 10-15 minutes. Turn on the ceiling fan or run the stand fan or open the windows to increase the airflow to speed up the drying process.
- It is always best to use the straight vinegar to clean the dried urine stains on the mattress as this is strong and works effectively in eliminating urine odor from the mattress
- Use the paper towel to soak as much as possible vinegar from the mattress. Try to repeat the same process until you notice the clean and dry spot.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda over the mattress. Use fingers to break the lumps for fastening the cleaning process and to get quick results. Allow the baking soda to sit on the mattress for several hours. The longer the better results you will achieve. You will notice caking of baking soda when it completely absorbs the moisture.
- Finally, vacuum the entire mattress thoroughly to remove the baking soda. Make sure to vacuum over the crevices as much as possible several times. This will effectively remove both the stain and odor from the mattress.
- If you still feel difficult in removing the stain or odor from the mattress consider calling the professional mattress cleaning service to handle the issue. The Mattress Cleaning professionals will use perfect products and tools to remove the stain and odor from the mattress.
Use Marks Mattress Steam Cleaning protector or waterproof mattress cover if you have little kids and pets in your home. By adding better protection, you can avoid happening of urine stains on the mattress.