Bad smell, itchy particles on a bed or unwanted precipitation over your mattress is enough to ruin your sleep. Mattresses are articles to be maintained very carefully and regularly. These are our daily use articles and we should take proper steps to ensure the safety of such items. Apart from being of regular use, these incur large investments too.
Smells from mattresses arise due to the following reasons –
- Mattresses having memory foam layers smell the most. Memory foam is not any natural product. It is artificially made out of Polyurethane. Such mattresses stink due to decomposition of volatile organic compounds present in its composition into gaseous form.
- Many mattresses are having narrow crevices and edges. Sometimes dirt and spills get accumulated in these corners and results in a foul smell.
- In rainy seasons when the humidity is high, moist surfaces of mattress releases a smell which gets intolerable. Avoid accumulation of any sort of moisture over the surface of the mattress.
- Try to expose your mattress t sunlight on a regular basis. The ultraviolet and partial infrared rays of sunlight cleanse your mattress of viruses and bacteria. Too much accumulation of microorganism also results in a stinky mattress.
- Prolonged use of same bed sheet over mattress or unchanged pillow covers or mattress covers are reasons for a stinky mattress.
- Fur and dandles of pets and pees of babies also contribute to the stingy character of your mattress. Avoid pets to play over your mattress and quickly clean off if your baby pees over it.
Go for the following do-it-yourself mattress cleaning methods –
- Regularly use a vacuum cleaner to get rid of dust and dirt from the surface of the mattress.
- Whenever any spillage or dropping occurs over the surface of the mattress try to remove that immediately. In such emergency cases, a spray of carbonated water and water can be of great help. Spray carbonated water over the stained area and it will cleanse the dirt out of that area.
- Sprinkle baking soda frequently after vacuuming or cleaning your mattress. Baking soda removes maximum types of odor from your mattress.
- The best method to get rid of stinky mattresses is steam mattress cleaning. It can be done using your dress steamer or steam iron. In this method first, you have to vacuum your mattress. Then spray steam by your dress steamer or steam iron. Then using hand spray bottle spray cleaning solution all over the mattress. Spray on both sides and also by the sides. Then again steam throughout the surfaces of the mattress. Using a clean cloth, wipe the surface. In case your mattress is having any deep or stubborn stain, apply vinegar over it. Leave for some time and then steam over it. Stubborn stains get eliminated by that method. Allow the mattress to dry and then sprinkle baking soda over it. When the mattress is completely dry, vacuum over it so that any residues left from the cleaning process can be removed away from the surface of the mattress.
- Sunlight is your mattresses’ best friend. Try to expose your mattress regularly to sunlight to avoid its stinky form.
Take the help of professional mattress cleaning services:-
No matter how well you try to clean your mattress, there will still be dust mites and germs in your mattress. Hence it becomes necessary to take the help of experts to get rid of dust mites from the deepest layers of your mattress. Still confused, who to contact to get your mattresses cleaned? Let us introduce you to Marks Mattress Cleaning Melbourne which is a well-established name in mattress cleaning services. We have a rich client base and experience of any years.
The highly qualified staff working with us is fully dedicated to impress you with their services. We are available 24*7. You can get in touch with us anytime for all kinds of mattress cleaning related services. The marks mattress charges a very nominal place and sends our executive right at your place within time. We use most advanced equipment to make your mattresses bacteria and mite free in no time. Give us a call now and let us make your mattresses new again.
The marks mattress uses state of the art techniques and advanced equipment to give your mattress a clean look. The professionals are certified and have in depth knowledge about the cleaning procedure. Even the toughest of stain removal is easy for them. Mattress dry cleaning or cleaning using efficient chemicals, we take care of all.